The Columbus Soccer Club is pleased to announce our upcoming International Goalkeeper Summer Camp. The camp will be held June 13-15, 2017 at Wilderness Park.
As an incentive: If you refer one new goalie to this camp, you get a free pair of gloves. If you refer 3 new goalies, you get a full refund on the camp and a free pair of gloves.
View the camp brochure for more information.
2017 Columbus Classic
The Columbus Classic Soccer Tournament 2017 will be held June 9-11, 2017 at Wilderness Park Soccer Complex. This is an open tournament with divisions from U8-U19 boys and girls. Registration deadline is May 27, 2017.
Tournament registration is available at our HTG Sports Tournament Page.
In order to keep the tournament experience pleasant for all attendees, we would like everyone to remember these rules:
- No pets allowed in the complex at any time (per City Ordinance)
- No smoking (this includes e-cigarettes)
- No alcohol
- No warming up in the goal area
Jamie Bennett – Tournament Director
Team Formation Changes
On July, 2016 the CSC Board voted and approved the following addition to our team formation rules.
- All new teams starting the Fall 2016 season will follow the National and State approved age specific guidelines for team formations. Newly formed teams will be birth year specific unless approved to deviate by the CSC Board. Meaning, a new team consisting of 2009 players cannot have a player born in 2010 without the approval of the CSC Board.
- New players joining an existing team must play in their birth year specific team unless approved by the CSC Board. Meaning, a current team of 2006 players cannot add a new 2005 player without approval from the CSC Board.
- Guest and Secondary players are allowed to play for different birth year teams providing approval by both Head Coaches. Only the Head coaches are allowed to discuss adding a secondary or guest player. Meaning, a 2007 player can play as a guest player for a 2006 team IF discussed and approved by BOTH Head Coaches.
2016 Columbus Classic
The 2016 Columbus Classic was held June 10-12 at Columbus Wilderness Park. Sincere thanks go out to all the voluneers and players for braving the heat and making our tournament a great success!
Results can be seen on our event page at HTG sports.
Youth Soccer Changes
U.S. Youth Soccer has began several changes to their approach to Youth Soccer in the United States. These changes are focused around team formation and player development. The most sweeping of these changes are regarding small-sided games and youth age grouping. The current rules have been around for many years and the new changes will have to be addressed by parents and coaches.
For more information regarding rule changes and their impace in Nebraska, please see the Nebraska State Soccer page.
Columbus Soccer Club complies with the Nebraska Concussion Awareness Act. It is important for youth sports to understand the importance of the three key elements of this act:
- Removal of the injured athlete
- Proper clearance before allowing the player to return
Parents and Coaches should understand that these policies are designed to protect the player's long-term health and safety. See the Nebraska State Soccer website for more information.
Become a Coach
We have updated our coach application form for those interested in becoming new coaches with CSC. Our club features both paid and volunteer coaches with most being volunteers. If you have previous experience with coaching soccer we would like to hear from you. Many of our coaches started with the Columbus AYSO program and have children on their club teams (however this is not required). Initial requirements are minimal, however we do have some reasonable coach development requirements.