Developing youth born in 2008, 2009, and 2010
Registration closes on March 17th, 2018
Columbus Soccer Club is offering its first annual CSC Developmental League. The goal of the league is to promote the competitive and fun nature of soccer while emphasizing fundamentals through trained and positive coaching in our community. This league is open to all levels of players with the goal to develop and strengthen the skills of players and coaches.
CSC Developmental League will start the week of the April 2nd. Age groups will be separated to receive a 1.5-hour training clinic conducted by the Raider Soccer Coach, Dave Silva, and his international team from Central Community College. Training clinics will teach the important fundamentals that are the core values of the league. Additional group trainings will be available.
Practice and games will be held on Saturday mornings starting April 7th and will end on May 5th.
Cost per player is $35, which includes a CSC game jersey.
Registration closes on March 17th, 2018 or when teams are full. No exceptions can be made.
You can register your player at our Affinity Sports Page.
(Choose the 2017-2018 spring season)
Volunteer coaches will be needed!
Registration fees will be reimbursed to coaches who attend coach training and commit to the five-week season for their team. For the safety of our youth all coaches are required to complete an on-line Kids Safe application, at no cost.
|Birth year||# of players on the field||Intended Roster Size||Minutes Per Game||Size of Ball||Referee|
The league is limited to a maximum of 60 players per each division.
(maximum of 60 boys and 60 girls in each division)
All league announcements will be posted on the Developmental League tab.
Team Formation Changes
On July, 2016 the CSC Board voted and approved the following addition to our team formation rules.
- All new teams starting the Fall 2016 season will follow the National and State approved age specific guidelines for team formations. Newly formed teams will be birth year specific unless approved to deviate by the CSC Board. Meaning, a new team consisting of 2009 players cannot have a player born in 2010 without the approval of the CSC Board.
- New players joining an existing team must play in their birth year specific team unless approved by the CSC Board. Meaning, a current team of 2006 players cannot add a new 2005 player without approval from the CSC Board.
- Guest and Secondary players are allowed to play for different birth year teams providing approval by both Head Coaches. Only the Head coaches are allowed to discuss adding a secondary or guest player. Meaning, a 2007 player can play as a guest player for a 2006 team IF discussed and approved by BOTH Head Coaches.
Youth Soccer Changes
U.S. Youth Soccer has began several changes to their approach to Youth Soccer in the United States. These changes are focused around team formation and player development. The most sweeping of these changes are regarding small-sided games and youth age grouping. The current rules have been around for many years and the new changes will have to be addressed by parents and coaches.
For more information regarding rule changes and their impace in Nebraska, please see the Nebraska State Soccer page.
Columbus Soccer Club complies with the Nebraska Concussion Awareness Act. It is important for youth sports to understand the importance of the three key elements of this act:
- Removal of the injured athlete
- Proper clearance before allowing the player to return
Parents and Coaches should understand that these policies are designed to protect the player's long-term health and safety. See the Nebraska State Soccer website for more information.
Become a Coach
We have updated our coach application form for those interested in becoming new coaches with CSC. Our club features both paid and volunteer coaches with most being volunteers. If you have previous experience with coaching soccer we would like to hear from you. Many of our coaches started with the Columbus AYSO program and have children on their club teams (however this is not required). Initial requirements are minimal, however we do have some reasonable coach development requirements.